Makes about 1 dozen pancakes
- 1 cup Almonds, ground to flour
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar, raw
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Milk, 1%
- 6 Dates, dried, pits removed
- 2Tbsp Butter, unsalted, melted
- 1 Egg
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Oranges
- Maple Syrup
- Powdered sugar
- Soak dates in milk at least 5 minutes
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Blend milk and dates together until smooth
- Add the milk mixture, butter and egg to dry ingredients and stir until smooth and the consistency you desire, adding more flour or milk as needed.
- Heat griddle or skillet with oil or non-stick spray (not butter).
- Scoop out 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of batter onto the hot griddle. Flip when edges are dry and the center is bubbly.
- Cook on the other side another minute and then remove to a plate. Cover the plate with a large bowl as you cook the other pancakes.
To serve: Top with powdered sugar, fresh blueberry, slices of sweet fresh orange, and maple syrup.
Because the oil in the almonds will release when grinding in food processor or blender, you may add the flour at the same time to avoid caking. Start with 1 cup of flour.
To store: Freeze cooked pancakes between waxed paper and enjoy within a few months OR store batter in fridge and use within a few days.