Gather Your Ingredients:
- 3-4 ripe bananas
- ½ cup raw sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chip
Wow! This could be the easiest banana bread recipe on the earth…and the taste is absolutely heaven. The original recipe called for more sugar, but I cut it in half and used raw sugar to make it healthier.
Here’s What you Do:
Prep: Heat the oven, prep the pans
- Preheat the Oven 325° degrees F
- Spray a 9’ x 5” x 3” loaf pan with non-stick spray
Step 1: Mash the Bananas
- Peel the bananas and place them in a large bowl. Using a fork or masher, mash the bananas (to the consistency of lumpy baby food!)
Step 2: Add the Remaining Ingredients
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix well. I used a wooden spoon to mix
Step 3: Pour Batter into Prepared Loaf Pan
Step 4: Bake in 325° for 1hour
- Once baked through, cool on a rack and then remove from the pan when cooled.
Looking for ways to save money and plan ahead?
Watch for store specials on overripe bananas. You can buy them at a fraction of the cost and freeze them by peeling the bananas and storing in a freezer-proof container.
Want a quick snack on hand? Wrap your bread individually in wax paper, place in a zippy-type bag, and freeze.