- 1 cup each: Cantaloupe, Watermelon, Grapes, Apples, cut into cubes
- 2 Oranges, sections
- 1/2 sm. Bunch Mint, fresh, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- ½ cup Almonds, ground to flour
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ¾ tsp. Salt
- ½ cup Butter, softened
- ¾ cup Sugar, raw
- 2 Eggs
- 1 ½ tsp. Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Milk
- 2 ¼ cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
Having fruit on hand, cut in ready-to-eat pieces will encourage your family to scoop out sweet, healthy color onto their breakfast plate. Choose what’s in season and enjoy the goodness of Mother Nature!
- Combine flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixing bowl. Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla.
- Next add milk and flour, alternating a little of each at a time, using a slow speed on your mixer.
- Finally, fold in the blueberries using a wooden spoon. Spoon batter into muffin pan lined with paper cups, filling 3/4 way full.
- Bake 30 minutes in 375°F oven.
- Cool on wire rack. You can make ahead and store until ready to eat.
To Make Fruit Salad:
- Combine the fruit in a large bowl.
- Add chopped mint.
- Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the top and combine.
- Place covered in fridge until ready to use.