People shy away from setting goals because they fear they will fail, it seems like a lot of work, or it just takes too much energy to spend time planning things out and then (gulp) executing those plans.
It so much easier to wait for “someday” to come up on the calendar…and then it never does.
If this sounds like you sometimes, don’t worry. It’s completely normal. And, your goals don’t always have to be so big and scary and long-term. Sometimes, it’s little things done every day and every week that are easier to execute and can actually springboard you into those longer term goals you have for yourself.
For example, if you want to improve your health you can simply walk a mile a day. Do that consistently and your chances of improvement are pretty good.
If you want to get through that reading list, then read a chapter a day consistently. Eventually you’ll get there.
The pace is completely up to you and will determine how fast and how far you will go in your lifetime.
So what are some simple, healthy things you can do this week to increase your joy in the areas of Food, Health, and Travel:
- Sweet Potatoes are coming into season. Mash them, soup them, and even slice and bake them for some added vitamins and fiber to your diet
- Try a new recipe
- Improve an old recipe with some healthy favorites
- Add a teaspoon of coconut oil to your morning coffee
- Enjoy an afternoon green tea with honey
- Start you morning with a cup of warm water with a squeeze of lemon
- Increase the amount of greens you eat
- Add flax seed to your morning yogurt, cereal, smoothie, or sprinkle on your bagel or toast
- Walk more – the weather is perfect
- Go on a hike
- Do at least 100 sit-ups every day
- Turn off the TV
- Give someone a hug
- Give someone a compliment
- Drink an extra glass of water
- Go to a local museum
- Try a new restaurant
- Ride your bike at a nearby park or mountain bike trail
- Be a tourist in your home town
- Book a room at a hotel that is driving distance from your home for a weekend getaway
- Find 3 things places you would like to go in the next 6 months and book part of the trip (flight, hotel, event)
- Do something with photos from your last trip (print them, frame them, scrapbook them, etc.)