- 1 ½ lb Chicken (can use whole chicken, cut up)
- ¼ cup Olive Oil, extra virgin
- 2 Tbsp Butter, unsalted
- 1 Red Onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 clove, Garlic, whole
- 2 sprigs, Rosemary, fresh
- 2 pints Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Rinse chicken and pat dry. Set aside.
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil and butter. When butter is melted, add the onion, garlic and one sprig of rosemary. Cook over medium heat for a minute or two to lightly sautee the onion.
- Place the chicken pieces over the onion mixture and cook on high for 10 minutes, turning chicken several times as it browns.
- Remove the whole garlic and then add the tomatoes. Mix with the chicken, turn the heat down to medium and cover the pan. Continue to cook, turning chicken occasionally, for about 20 minutes.
- Uncover pan. Add the second sprig of rosemary. Continue to cook over a high heat until the sauce thickens up.
- Serve on a platter.
Rosemary Roasted Red Potatoes
Start roasting these before the chicken. Everything will be done at about the same time to serve it up hot!
- 6-8 Red Potatoes (2 per person)
- 2 sprigs Rosemary, fresh, chopped with stem removed
- ¼ Olive Oil
- Sea Salt and Ground Pepper (to taste)
- Wash potatoes and cut into bite-sized cubes
- Place in a bowl then mix with olive oil, chopped rosemary and sea salt
- Place in a baking pan. Roast in 425° oven for 20 minutes
- Be sure to stir once or twice during cooking