Egg Salad Ingredients:
Makes 4 cups
- 6 Eggs, hard boiled and chopped
- ½ cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Avocado Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Honey Mustard
- ½ cup Celery, chopped
- ¼ cup Onion, chopped
- ½ tsp Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Optional: Avocados or Tomatoes to stuff
Don’t shy away from the egg’s yolk! The best nutritional benefit comes in the whole package…
To hard boil eggs: Put eggs in a saucepan, cover with cold water and bring to boil. Cover the pan after it has boiled and removed from heat. Set aside for 10 minutes. While you’re waiting, prepare a bowl of water and ice cubes. Drain the eggs from the hot water and immediately place in the cold-water bath.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the yogurt, mayo, olive oil and mustard until thoroughly blended.
- Add celery, onion, and paprika to the yogurt mix, stir.
- Next, peel and coarsely chop the hard-boiled eggs. Fold into the mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
This is great for dipping pita chips or crunchy vegetables like celery!
You can also serve it inside a tomato or avocado halves. Simply cut the tomato or avocado in half and scoop out part of the inside, creating a bowl for the salad. Fill it with the egg salad mix and sprinkle paprika over the top.
Best served cold!
Click here and discover even more salad recipes…
Did you know?
Eggs are a complete protein, containing all nine essential amino acids the body cannot make on its own. Add the benefits of choline (great for the brain) and the carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin, (great anti-oxidative and anti-inflammatory properties) and you have a low-glycemic, delicious, versatile food which can easily be added to your healthy diet!