Makes 4 cups
- 4 Bacon Slices (I use Turkey Bacon)
- ½ cup Onion, chopped
- 1 cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped, seeded
- ½ tsp Cumin, ground
- ½ tsp Oregano, dried
- 2 15-oz cans black beans, undrained
- 1 tsp chopped, seeded chipotle chilies (adobo)
- ½ cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, fresh, chopped
Use this bean dip for a snack with good quality tortilla chip or mix in with the chicken for a delicious chicken taco recipe
- Cook bacon. Drain all but 1 Tbsp drippings from skillet. (If you used Turkey Bacon and there is no grease, use 1 Tbsp Olive Oil to cook the veggies) Chop bacon and set aside
- Add Onion, Bell Pepper to bacon grease and cook until onion is soft (about 5 minutes)
- Add beans with their liquid, Cumin, Oregano, and Chipotles. Simmer over medium-low heat until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer 2/3 of the bean mixture to a processor. Blend until smooth. Put the blended mixture back into the pan. Add bacon.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Taste before serving and add salt and pepper, if needed. I didn’t think it needed the extra seasoning!
- Top with the Greek Yogurt and Cilantro and serve. Can be served at room temperature, if desired.